Bachoco held its first virtual race last November 2021, benefiting 4 social causes for the first time; Celaya, Merida, Obregon and Saltillo.
In the sixth edition of the Bachoco Half Marathon, 6,000 runners participated, which tripled the number of participants from lastyear. In alliance with the Food Bank Network Mexico, DIF Celaya Gto. and business partners, we were able to benefit these four communities through the “United for Nourishment” program.
Urbivilla del Real, Coahuila:
- 50 families benefited.
- 50 monthly food packages for 1 year.
- 3,500 kilos of total food.
- 2 tons of chicken delivered to the Saltillo Food Bank.
- 396 families benefited.
- 396 biweekly food packages during 5 months.
- 8,870 kilos of total food.
- 2 tons of chicken delivered to the Food Bank of Mérida.
Rosario de Tesopaco, Sonora:
- 575 biweekly food packages for 2 months (delivery pending).
- 2 tons of chicken delivered to Food Bank Obregón (2 more tons, pending).
Los Capulines, Guanajuato:
- 2 tons of chicken delivered to the Guanajuato Food Bank.
- Beginning of the refurbishment of the school cafeteria in collaboration with the DIF of Celaya, very soon 60 children will receive daily hot meals with DIF menu and 2 more tons of delicious chicken protein.